Nothing is one-dimensional

Nothing is one-dimensional

sunnuntai 1. maaliskuuta 2015

Touch

Hey hey!! ^_^ Oh how fun was yesterday! Now I've heard enough of the beginning of Star wars soundtrack because my roommate's boyfriend who's also my friend was singing it so much yesterday ;) Hilarious. Then we also went to SRO to watch a premiere of a "musical" (I'm not sure is it a musical or just a play where they sing a lot...) called Mitkä juhlat näistä tuleekaan. It's a play created by SRO's Missio Musalinja and a few other people. It was so good, they are so talented! I went there with four of my friends and there we met three other friends. And after that we continued to a housewarming party that two of our friends had. There were at least 18 of us... All of us are friends, some better than others, but we are friends and when we are together we have so much fun. :) There's no replacement for those people everyone of them is important and so dear. We ate a lot, laughed, sang, talked and just had fun and made so much noise that it sure distracted other tenants of that building.
 
 
But now I gladly welcome March and wish for spring to come! There are so many birthdays in March... How can I remember all of them. So difficult. There's also my B-day ;)
 
 
Last time when I was writing a post I asked my friend what could I write because I had no ideas. She gave me an idea to write about touch between people. So now it's my subject and I'm gonna write what I know and how I think about it. 
 
Dengeki Daisy (I love this manga!!!)
 
Well to start with, touch doesn't only mean being intimate with someone it's also for example hugs, patting someone to head or shoulder or just being next to other. There are many kinds of ways to touch other people and to be touched. "One of the great things in life is to get your hair brushed. - Letters to Juliet" I don't remember did it go exactly like that but it's so true. It's also touching and really feels great. Touch is a very powerful way to show your emotions and also very important. There are situations when you just need to be touched, for example being hugged. You know, those days and moments when you feel absolutely miserable and nothing seems to help but when someone hugs you tight you start feeling better. And being touched also when nothing is wrong is important. It tells you things without words. It might tell you 'you are accepted, you are dear to me, I missed you, I'm glad it's you and nobody else, hi there beautiful, don't care about others I'm here for you, I'm sorry, I want you' and many other things. Every touch you give to some other and every touch you get means something. However sometimes they are just used as a courtesy. For example when you meet a relative or an acquaintance. But there's a huge difference when you hug someone who's important to you and when you hug a person you know from surface. Next time you hug someone pay attention to how you hug that person. Is it a warm tight hug, a quick squeezing hug, a loose light hug, a hug when you barely touch the other or what kind of hug.
 
 
For us Finns touching others seems to be very difficult. Not many of us is used to it and it's a shame. For example I can't remember being hugged almost ever at home. Just lately a few times mum has hugged me but it's so weird that I don't know how to react to it. I'm not used to it. I learned to hug my friends at the secondary school... I was probably something like 15 years old. But just as my friend said "maybe because we aren't touched often enough so many young people have so great need to get a boy/girlfriend". We don't get the touch we need from anywhere else than from our partner. And it shouldn't be so. I think (and also my friend who I talked with) that people don't always realize that a partner is not always what you really want and need. It's just your feelings are mixed and you think you need a bf/gf but really you just miss being close to someone and being touched. And for that many might think that they need a partner but a relationship shouldn't be based on that. I feel it's not right then.
 
 
I think it's so wonderful when you get a hug from someone. Especially when someone surprises you and hugs you when you least expect it. People should do that more often. ;)
 
 
The best way to get a hug :)
 
(All the pics are from google)
 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti