Nothing is one-dimensional

Nothing is one-dimensional

tiistai 5. huhtikuuta 2016

Christianity... A box?

Hey! As always, or actually not always but sometimes, I've been superb busy lately. Since last Wednesday I haven't had a single moment just for myself... Well once I did go out for drinks with my friend but that was it. I've been on the go all the time and running out of time has been written on my calendar for days. I wouldn't have time to write this post either for real... But need to have a little break now.

I've been making a lot of clothes lately and hope I could make a few more today and tomorrow... But we'll see, I have some other things I need to do first. For Thursday and Friday I have already plans cause my friend asked me to be her face and body paint model. So I'll be there freezing to death first seven and then eight hours! Sounds great doesn't it. -(p.p)- Just kidding, I'm really happy I can help her. Plus I've never done anything like that so it's gonna be so interesting. And there's also gonna be a professional photographer to take pictures!! Wooow... -(o.o)- So cool. Just hoping I don't get sick if it's really gonna be cold there, I've been sick twice in one month now. And that sucks.

But now I thought I could write a bit about one of those topics I mentioned in my last post. And it's gonna be ''What's a good Christian like? Am I like that?'. I talked about it with two of my friends cause there are so many things related to it that really almost made me crazy. And so that everyone knows these are just my own thoughts about Christianity and stuff. Nothing written anywhere or so.

To start with I think there's this one stereotype of a good Christian. I'm gonna take an example person named Klaus. This is what he should be like: he should be kind, always think others before himself, devote his life to God, pray everyday, go to church every Sunday, not drink alcohol so much that he would get drunk and also not give in to other earthly temptations like money and partying (I mean go clubbing etc.). This list could go on for ever but those came to my mind first. But Klaus is also just a human and for a human being/doing all that is so difficult. So if Klaus wants to go out for drinks with his friends on a Friday night does it make him a bad Christian? Or can one even really define what is a good Christian like?

Well as I said I think there's that stereotype, that's how I've been raised to think and that's why this topic is so hard for me. For me there's always been a definition of a bad and good Christian but nowadays I've started to think that it's not so black and white. And if it was I could never be a good Christian and maybe I wouldn't even want to be. Living by so strict rules is definitely not for me and I could never do that, cause for me it would be like living in a small box where someone's always looking at what I do and judging me based on that. Maybe it wouldn't really be like that but most of my life has felt like it. My parents are a bit old-fashioned when it comes to Christianity and they have quite strong opinions of what's right and what's wrong. So if I wanted to be "good" I had to fit in that box but it's impossible. And it's not like I wouldn't respect and love my parents, of course I do, but I have my own life and my own crazy mind and I can't and don't want to live by rules someone else has set for me. Maybe I'm just too stubborn... Haha. But really, it's like if others think that dancing on a street is just plain weird and stupid heck yea I'm gonna do just that. And why wouldn't I? Just cause other ppl think so? Just cause it's a bit out of normal behavior? Well, it's way more fun to live outside of that box. And we live here only once so let's take everything out of it. So if I tried to be the same as Klaus should I really feel like I would lose myself, the real me who wants to live freely with an open mind for this crazy world.

 
So to go back to the beginning and Klaus, can he live by those standards? And does he even need to for the sake of being a good Christian? For both questions, the answer is no. I don't think anyone can really live so that he/she would never do anything that wouldn't be defined bad. And if Klaus wants to go have drinks with his friends then he should do that and not start to think about it more. Because it doesn't make him a bad Christian or any worse than any other Christian is. I think that as long as you keep your common sense with almost everything you do and you know what your relationship with God is and you keep it open and honest it's fine to live the way you want. Cause we should have the kind of life we want and we should be free to live. And that's exactly what I do, I want to live.


Lee DeWyze - Beautiful like you

Kygo & Labyrinth - Fragile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-C4JZG1c2Q


With these words, Have a GREAT day!! -(ü.ü)/



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti