Nothing is one-dimensional

Nothing is one-dimensional

sunnuntai 16. lokakuuta 2016

Playing it cool

MKTO - American Dream


I knew when i came to UK that its culture is a bit different from ours in Finland but still mostly the same cause both countries are western anyway. But I thought I could tell you some things I've noticed so far.

1. You might have to show your ID when buying a knife, even a plastic one (that's just plain stupid)
2. Drivers rarely stop to let you cross the road (I'm so gonna get hit by a car someday)
3. People are not as polite as expected
4. The amount of forms to fill out and paperwork is huuuuuge
5. British humor is on the whole other level than Finnish -(^_^')-
6. People laugh at you if you drink from a tap, that's what cats do apparently...
7. Some British accents are way too difficult to understand, sometimes I have no idea what some people are saying, "yeees... *nodding*"
8. Bus drivers are really nice! (mostly..)
9. People make friends really quickly, but not necessarily so strong friendships
10. These people eat LOTS of sandwiches
11. Living here is actually pretty expensive
12. There are too big spiders in this country o.o
13. For some reason people seem less happy here than when compared to Australia where I was a year ago
14.When you get ill, you never get better again
15. Not all the Britts are good at small talk... I feel like a social person at times lol


16. There's Lidl here!!!
17. There aren't so many girls with short hair. Or then I'm in too small city again (T_T)
18. This country will turn you into a crazy person (as if I already wasn't one though....)
19. It's almost impossible to find nice jeans long enough to reach my ankles (am I too tall or just picky??!)
20. There's just something wrong with this country!! :P


Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass (I really like the lyrics in this song! :D)

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

The Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera - Say Something


Ever get that feeling? I do... I certainly do. Hiding under the blanket for the whole day is luxurious.

I have a list of things I would really want to do but so far I haven't had time, money, chance or just the feeling. But I wish in the near future I can do even some of the things on my to-do-list. I want to go to a rock concert, I want to go swimming in the middle of a night, I want to draw properly again (it's been a year or so since I last drew something... o_o), I want to sing, I want to go jogging, I want to have a great night out with my friends, I want to go hiking and I really want to learn to dance modern dance, ballet or salsa.


It looks like me on those days I've had a bit too much coffee... Or sugar.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti