Nothing is one-dimensional

Nothing is one-dimensional

perjantai 1. toukokuuta 2015

See who you are

I heard that one girl I know is also going to Australia at the same time I am. You know, I got a bit sad or angry and depressed. Why must someone I know go to the same place, and to the other side of the world, exactly when I'm gonna be there. Why can't I get away from everything in this place? And without noticing it I automatically started to compare myself to her. I'm not as pretty as her, she's so good at everything, she's so social and everything I'm not. And after sulking a while I kind of woke up and thought 'why am I thinking like this?'.
 
There's no reason to think like that. I should be happy that she can also go somewhere she wants to go and do things she enjoys. And I'm not any less worthy than she is. It doesn't matter if I don't really get along with her so well, I don't have to. Our personalities just don't match. Also I'm just as beautiful as she is. I may not have her long and blond hair but I like my own hair. I have my natural hair color, dark brown and it's pretty. And my short hair doesn't make me any less feminine, it's just cool. Yes, she is shorter than me but it's actually not so bad to be tall. It's very useful when you have to get something from somewhere high. Besides I'm only 175cm tall... What comes to being social, she is always talking. I wouldn't even like to be like that, so why was I concerned about it. Why was I thinking she is better than me? There really was no point doing so. I'm just as good or bad as she is. And Australia is a big country, probably I won't be seeing her everyday. ;) Hahah, I just wanted to go somewhere where I wouldn't know anyone. Except for this one family friend who happens to live in Sydney and has been a real help to me. I'm so grateful for him.
 
But why do we always have to compare ourselves to others? Why can't we just think that 'yea, I think I'm just fine the way I am'. Actually lately I've started to think like that. My lovely friend told me that 'you are a great person, why else would you have friends. Great persons gather other great people around themselves. That's just how it is'. And she is so right! I've thought so many times that there must be something wrong with my personality but it's not true. I have so many wonderful friends and I love them and I know they also like me. Otherwise they probably wouldn't spend so much time with me. ;)
 
So please, stop comparing yourself to other people. I will also do that. You are perfect the way you are. So beautiful or handsome and there's nothing wrong with your personality. Laugh as much and loud as you want, cry when you feel like it, jump up and down, dance, run like crazy, do silly things, act like child, be as weird as you wanna be. No worries, we are all a bit crazy and weird. (;
 
One of my favorite quotes
 
Live Laugh Love
 
And today's songs are Just say yes and I won't let you go from Snow Patrol.
 
 
 
(from google)
 
Have a great day! -(^_^)-
 



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti