Nothing is one-dimensional

Nothing is one-dimensional

tiistai 13. lokakuuta 2015

"not with a fizzle but with a bang"

If you're a woman with short hair, have you ever felt less feminine than the women with long hair? And if you're a guy, do you think women with short hair are not so attractive and lack the feminine sense of beauty? Yes, this is gonna be the topic for this post.

I haven't been thinking about things like this for a long time but now after I came to Australia these topics about 'what's beautiful and what kind of woman is attractive' have sometimes come to my mind. I'm a woman with a short hair and in Finland I never had to hear anything negative about it, on the contrary I used to get very positive comments even from complete strangers about how my hair looks good on me. But now... Already twice I've heard things shouted at me like 'pretty boy' and so on. Really? It doesn't really bother me that some idiots tell me I look like a pretty boy but what makes me so angry is that those people think they can just say whatever they want to anyone. For now I'm keeping my cool very well and ignoring what they say is easy but what I really want to do is give those douchebags this very popular international hand mark and tell them to go there where the sun doesn't shine. But I won't do that. Instead of that I'm gonna 'give them hell' like Olive was told by her father in a movie Easy A (it's btw very good movie, I really like it).

So, if I look like a 'pretty boy' does that mean I don't really look like a woman, 'cause of my hair. Positive thing is that they even called me pretty boy, not just a boy or something else very imaginative. But to think that I'm not as feminine as those girls with long gorgeous hair is not so nice. I can tell you, it doesn't really boost up my self-belief or anyone else's who has heard things that criticize the way you look like. Especially for women it's usually very important to feel that 'I look good' (of course the same goes with men but now I'm talking about women) and to look good most women want to feel feminine. To think about what is normally associated with femininity, first things that come to my mind are dresses or other pretty clothes, makeup, delicate slim or curvy body, sensitivity and long hair. But what if you don't have or like some of those? What if you only like to wear jeans and a plain t-shirt? Or if your skin reacts to makeup and you are not able to use it. Or what if you have short hair and you like it. Are you then less feminine than those other women who fit in that "feminine box"?

 
Here are Anne Hathaway, Halle Berry and Emma Watson and they all have had short hair (or still have it). And in my opinion they all look amazing, so beautiful and they are just as feminine as they are with long hair. (google)
 
So please, when you're about to say something about others please think first is that something you would like to hear or are you just gonna sound like a bitch. Thank you.

 
Every woman wants to feel like a princess. (google)
 
Song for today:
Don't be so hard on yourself - Jess Glynne
 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti